When hiring a speaker, you need an expert – someone with the right message, who knows how to motivate, inform, and entertain your audience. Whether they’re teachers, clinicians, administrators, or parents – you need someone experienced and passionate who can deliver a clear message tailored to your specific audience.
Nancy Telian, MS, CCC-SLP, is an international Reading Literacy Expert, ASHA-certified Speech Language Pathologist, Speaker, and Author. For the past 20 years, Nancy has been providing training to general and special education teachers, speech language pathologists, reading specialists, preschool teachers, administrators, college/graduate students, and parents. The practical evidence-based strategies for literacy that Nancy shares are aligned with the Common Core State Standards, and have changed thousands of lives.
Nancy speaks on a variety of literacy-related topics, including:
- Simultaneously training phonemic awareness and phonics skills
- Early to upper level word reading and spelling strategies
- Utilizing the Response to Intervention (RtI) model for literacy
- Early literacy training in phonemic awareness and phonics for preschoolers
- Morphological awareness instruction – training with meaningful word parts (prefix, root, suffix) for reading, spelling, and vocabulary development
- Resistant learners – motivating them and quickly closing reading achievement gaps
- General presentation on the five building blocks of literacy (phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension)
- Overviews and full trainings in Reading with TLC (Lively Letters and Sight Words You Can See)
- Motivational keynote presentations
Nancy’s inspirational and effective trainings are delivered all across the United States and Canada. She is also available to present online for organizations planning webinars.